As we come to the end of our school year, we are thankful for the many opportunities we have had as a community.
For each of us the memories will be different.
- There have been tough times through which we have supported one another.
- There have been joyous times when we celebrated the gifts and talents that enrich our community.
- There have been times of welcome to new families and times of saying goodbye to others.
In reflecting on the year, we believe we have continued to grow as a community as we focus on our relationships with one another. We are truly blessed to be part of such an authentic Catholic community.
As this is the final newsletter for 2017, we would like to take the opportunity to thank the commitment of one and all. Thank you...
- To the dedicated, professional and committed staff who do so much behind the scenes to ensure that our students are provided with the best education in a safe, supportive and respectful environment. There are many hours spent preparing, reflecting and investigating before and after the school day.
- To the supportive and encouraging parent community who trust the school. Your faith and acknowledgement of this school is heartening and reflects in the students’ attitudes. Thank you to all our parents/grandparents who have assisted in many ways to support our school during 2017. For those parents leaving the school community after many years, thank you.
- To Father Ruben, Father Ever and Father Zac for leading our faith development. We appreciate and give thanks for the support and spiritual guidance that he gives us on a regular basis.
- To the students all of whom have achieved so many milestones during 2017. We are extremely proud of your achievements, academically, socially and physically. We look forward to wishing those leaving all the very best next year, we hope they take a little of St John Paul II with you for the rest of your lives.
A prayer for our Graduates...
Creator God, help me to know your will for me
Let your light shine in the depth of my heart
That I may know what you want me to do with my life
Help me believe that you have a special plan for me
Lord I know I pass through this life only once
Help me decide how you want me to make a difference
Give me the wisdom to hear your voice and the courage to answer your call
Above all give me peace of mind and heart.
We would like to take the opportunity to wish everyone a very safe and Merry Christmas. Enjoy the time with family and friends
Year 10 Record of Student Achievement (RoSA)
On Friday, 8 December, Year 10 students will be able to access their RoSA grade via the Students Online https://studentsonline.nesa.nsw.edu.au/ facility provided by the New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA). Year 10 students should become familiar with this website since it will provide them with a wealth of information as they enter Years 11 & 12. When using the system, students will be able to access an electronic record of their Year 10 grades that can then be generated into a pdf document and downloaded. A formal RoSA certificate will only be provided to students who have indicated to the school that they are leaving the school system at the end of the year to undertake either an apprenticeship or full time employment. It is hoped that all Year 10 students take the time to reflect on their results and begin planning ways that they can improve or enhance these for next year.
Student use of the School Opal card
An important requirement of School Opal card is the need for students to Tap On and Tap Off when they travel to and from school. Opal data gathered by tapping on and off is used to determine demand for bus services. If students don’t tap on and tap off, services may be cancelled due to the lack of recorded patronage. With this in mind, we ask for your assistance in reminding your child that tapping on and off at the beginning and end of each trip is one of the conditions of using a School Opal card. This in turn helps Busways ensure they are able to provide the appropriate level of service to our students. To further promote the use of School Opal, Busways will also be conducting checks on School Opal cards over the coming months. All students travelling on buses to and from school will be required to show their card and ensure they Tap On and Tap Off every time they catch the bus. Students without an Opal Card will be provided with a brochure to take home identifying how they can get an Opal Card.